vendredi 12 octobre 2012

Running

OK, this is something new for me. I teach poetry, but I don't usually write any of my own. This year, I have had so many changes in my life and I have been swimming in my own thoughts. Tonight, while I enjoyed one of my last nights of running for the year, the poems wove themselves through my brain. It was so impiring, I even hit a personal best with my running time.

These are the first poems I have ever shared with my students. Click on the links below to read them. I hope that they live up to the lessons I have taught you about the craft of poetry so far. I would love to hear what you think. Please feel free to leave comments.

Night Run (about why I love to run at night)
Companions (about the sounds that accompany me on a run)
Loss (about the end of outdoor-running season)

0 commentaires: