lundi 22 octobre 2012

My Rambling Autobiography




I was born just early enough to be called a child of the sixties, two months before Neil Armstrong took his first steps on the surface of the moon. I used to get nervous on the first day of school. I have a weakness for my dad’s soggy tomato sandwiches. There’s something nostalgic about the way the juice soaks into the bread. I used to read under my covers with a flashlight at night until my mom (also an avid reader) told me I had no bedtime if I was reading. A first-grader once told me he would not tell the « Santa secret » because he understood that the others needed to believe. I once wanted to run away from home so I hid under the front porch to see how long it would take my family to miss me. My grumbling stomach never allowed me to find out. When I was 9, I saw my first dead body as they pulled a bloated seven year old from the public swimming pool in the park down the street. When I grow up, I want to be a writer, but I still get nervous on the first day of school.


5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I'm sorry you had to see a 7 year old drown at a swimming pool I see that it might have made a phobia

Anonyme a dit…

It would cause a phobia 4 me thats 4 sure

DD-QA a dit…

Well, it's certainly an image that stays in your head for a while!

Anonyme a dit…

I love your autobiography.

You can publish mine on the website like you said you wanted to.

Anonyme a dit…

Ya great autobiography!