samedi 8 septembre 2012

A Dozen Things You Probably Don't Know About Me


First of all, I would like to start off by telling you a few "little known" facts about me - things that you would not normally know just by being in my class...

1. I am the second in a family of 6 children. Being one of the oldest certainly had its advantages, but the example I had to set for the younger ones could cramp my style just as easily.

2. I studied the classical violin for 12 years, starting at the age of 4. By 11, I was certain I would one day be a concert violinist.

3. One of my obsessions as a child prompted me to become a teacher. Would you believe it has something to do with new school supplies every September?

4. I LOVE to read and I am never without a book. (OK, this one will be very obvious to you if you are in my class - or even in the same school.)

5. I have recently taken an interest in photography. I see the world so differently now that I can picture everything immortalized on film.

6. I would one day like to be a published writer. I'm certain there's a story in me that's itching to get out.

7. I love to laugh. Except when in church. My sister can certainly back me up on that one.

8. I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. Am I the only adult in the natural world that cannot stand the taste?

9. I plan to run the half marathon (at least) in the Manitoba Marathon next June. OK, I never in a million years thought I would be doing this in my lifetime!

10. I would love to travel the Earth. There is far too much to experience in one lifetime and I am already so far behind!

11. When I read, I sometimes forget who I am. I experience guilt and shame, embarrassment and joy through the characters in the stories before I remember that I am not really there.

12. I was almost kicked out of a Bon Jovi concert for smoking pot. Just remember, things are not always as they seem!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Wow Je n'aurais jamais penser que vous aviez faites toutes ces choses Mme

Anonyme a dit…

I like your dozen things. They're all different and interesting!!!!

P.S I also totally look forward to getting new school supplies every year as well, so you're not the only one. :)